Are you a teenager 15 1/2 - 17 years old? Are you tired of asking people for a ride? Well now is the time to get your drivers license and we can help. Click on the Fees & Contact link, email us at email@example.com or call us at 965-7979. Thanks!
Are you nervous because you have never driven before?
Don't worry. We are not the driving school that screams and yells at their students and we will not take you up San Marcos Pass or throw you out on the freeway on your first lesson. We will take you to a quiet neighborhood or deserted parking lot and work on car control (starting, stopping and steering). From there we will slowly work you into traffic.
You already know how to drive?
Great! We will get right to teaching you defensive driving techniques. These techniques are used by professional drivers all over the world who have driven over 1 million miles "collision and ticket free." When was the last time you saw a UPS or Fed-EX driver involved in a collision or ticketed by a policeman?
You have a busy schedule?
We can work around your busy schedule! We can also pick you up at your home, work or school.
You've waited long enough. Let's get started!
Teens Save $$: Give a Shift - Work Study Program
Would you like to save money on your behind the wheel driver training? Steve Morris' Defensive Driving School offers a work study program to teenage drivers under the age of 18 who would like to do extra credit work in exchange for a reduced rate for driving training. There are a variety of activities to choose from, like washing the training cars, attending a CHP Smart Start class or observing a session of traffic court.
For a full list of extra credit activities and information on how to sign up for this work study program, please call our driving school at 965-7979.
Requirements and Sequence for a Teenager to Get a Provisional Driver License
- Age 15 or older: Complete classroom or home study Driver Education.
- Age between 15 1/2 - 17 1/2: Successfully complete the written test at the DMV for a Learners Permit which is valid for one year.
- Student enrolls in a 6 hour behind-the-wheel Driver Training Program with a licensed driving school.
- After student completes his/her first lesson with the licensed driving school, the student can then begin completing the 50 hours of practice with a California licensed driver (25 years or older) required by the DMV. 10 of those hours must be at night.
- Upon completion of the 6 hours of Driver Training with a licensed driving school and 50 hours of practice with a parent and a passage of a minimum of 6 months from the issue date on the Learners Permit, the student may take the DMV Road Test. Upon passing the road test, the student will receive their provisional drivers license.
Call 805-965-7979 Now!